Nick R. Shuput
Vista by Viewpoint Construction Software
Implementation, Training, & Report Development Services
10324 Madison Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68127
My name is Nick Shuput. I have 27-years of experience in construction management, including the past 13-years as a consultant specializing in Vista by Viewpoint and the Microsoft Data Platform.
As a consultant, I have worked with over 40 construction companies to implement Vista by Viewpoint and empower teams with improved performance analytics. Ultimately, my practice focuses on helping companies evaluate performance, improve business processes, reduce risk, and increase profitablity.
How I can assist?
Below lists a sampling of my team's services that can be tailored to suite your needs.
Vista by Viewpoint Software Implementations
I have worked with numerous clients on Vista by Viewpoint implementations. This work includes:
- The project management of an implementation - including budgeting, scheduling, & risk assessment.
- Standardization of business processes to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and better utilize talent.
- The development of company operations manuals and technical training guides.
- Proactive communication between employees, clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- Integration of Vista with other software tools to eliminate shadow systems and duplicate efforts.
Vista by Viewpoint Post Go-Live Improvements
Have you implemented Vista and you are not getting the results you expected? I can help with:
- The implementing additional Vista modules post go-live.
- The development of custom reports - see the custom report development section below.
- The creation of import routines from your estimating software to quickly and accurately create projects.
- The development of analytical tools that can gauge field productivity for the previous day/week/month.
- The integration of third party software with Vista by Viewpoint.
Professional Coaching & Mentoring
I often work with individuals in a company to help them be more successful. Examples include:
- The CEO or President looking to improve business processes and manage with analytics.
- The CFO or Controller tasked with formalizing corporate services.
- The Operations Manager looking to standardize project management and job cost processes.
- The Equipment Manager looking to optimize revenue rates, improve utilization, & track service history.
- The new Project Manager needing to learn best practices to perform their job.
- The IT Manager needing to understand all the moving parts of a Vista by Viewpoint implementation.
Vista by Viewpoint Training
Although incredibly valuable, traditional training programs often interfere with day-to-day operations and make them less effective. I handle training programs differently. In my program:
- Training is completed live, remotely, using GoTo Training software and remote access.
- Training sessions use your Vista database, your projects, and your content.
- Sessions are short and to the point, built on previous sessions, and held 2-3 times a week.
- Training sessions last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour - never longer.
- Sessions include screenshot guides containing detailed instructions on how to perform tasks.
- Most sessions also include homework assignments that take 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Homework is performed on a copy of your production server so that live data is not compromised.
- Each training session is recorded and made available to the trainee after completion of the class.
- At the end of training, users complete a practicum to show they can now correctly use the system.
- Training must always focus on six questions - Who?, What?, Where?, When?, How?, and Why?
- Training to help users understand the impact of their performance on the big picture.
Vista by Viewpoint topics can include.
- The math model of Vista by Viewpoint.
- Job Cost and Project Management.
- Core Accounting.
- Equipment Management.
- Viewpoint Vista Administration.
- Additional topics by request.
Construction Related Training
My training programs also go beyond Vista by Viewpoint. I stick to my proven training format as shown above when I train on a wide variety of construction related topics.
- Earned Value Project Management.
- Daily Unit Cost Pricing Management.
- Construction Scheduling.
- Integrating Cost & Schedule Using Vista by Viewpoint and Microsoft Project.
- Bid vs. Build vs. Bill - How to keep everything in sync.
I also can train your team on technical topics. Once again, I always stick to my proven training format shown above when delivering this type of training.
- Microsoft SQL Server - including server administration and the T-SQL programming language.
- Reporting Tools including Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Microsoft Office Integration with Vista by Viewpoint - Excel, Word, Visio, Etc.
Vista by Viewpoint Customization
I can assist you with a variety of customizations to your Vista by Viewpoint environment.
- Complete User Database modules.
- Custom fields, lookups, validation, and triggers
- Inquiry, Notifier, and Work Center development.
- Custom integrations, exports, and imports.
Vista by Viewpoint Remote Administration
Don't have the resources (or the expertise) in-house to administer your Vista environment? I can help:
- Manage day-to-day security needs.
- Maintain the SQL Back End of your installation.
- Confirm maintenance and backup tasks are being performed correctly.
- Manage and maintain custom reports and programming.
- Manage notifiers and work centers.
- Coordinate and complete version upgrades & tax updates of Vista by Viewpoint.
Vista by Viewpoint Remote Support
Tired of waiting 3-4 days for a returned support call? I can:
- Provide front line, level 1 support of your Vista environment.
- Work with you on a quarterly fixed rate agreement. Cost will vary depending on selected SLAs.
- Combine remote support and remote administration into one quarterly package.
Vista by Viewpoint Report Development
I develop custom reports using a variety of different methods depending on the objective of the report. Over the past 13-years, I have developed over 1,500 reports for my clients.
- For Vista reports needing modifications only, I use Crystal Reports.
- For new reports to be run from within Vista, I use either SSRS or Crystal Reports.
- For new reports that may require additional manipulation, I use Microsoft Excel.
- For new reports that need to be easily accessed in the field, I use SSRS or Power BI.
- For reports requiring automatic distrubution, i use SSRS or the built in Vista Notification tools.
- For custom dashboards I use SSRS - sometimes integrated with Vista Work Centers.
- For free standing dashboards available outside Vista on mobile devices, I use Power BI.
- For Sharepoint users, I can connect Vista by Viewpoint SSRS reports and datasets to SharePoint.
I also develop custom "create and send" templates using Microsoft Word - primarily for Project Management modules such as Requests for Information, Change Orders, Submittals, Transmittals, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.
Vista by Viewpoint Client List
Here is a partial list of my clients since 2005. I have broken them out by construction specialty for ease of review. Most clients on this list were either new Vista implementations or post-go live implementations with training, customization remote support, and report development. Contact information for leadership & project sponsors to serve as reference is available upon request.
- Ceres Environmental Services - Minneapolis, MN
- Haydon Building Corp, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Lyles Construction Group - Fresno, CA
- Nicholson Construction - Pittsburgh, PA
- FNF Construction, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Duit Construction Co, Inc. - Edmond, OK
- Meadow Valley Construction, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Griffith Companies - Brea, CA
- XL Construction - San Francisco, CA
- Haydon Building Corp, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Rabren General Contractors - Auburn, AL
- Core Construction, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Concord General Contracting - Mesa, AZ
- Korellis Roofing, Inc. - Hammond, IN
- Lyles Construction Group - Fresno, CA
- Pierson Construction, Inc. - Tempe, AZ
- N.A. Degerstrom - Spokane, WA
Construction Industry Experience
My career in the construction industry started long before I founded ReThink, Inc. Listed below is a synopsis of my employment history for the past 17 years. Additional Information is available regarding specific roles and responsibilities upon request.
2005 - PRESENT
See above for scope of services, clients served, and sample projects.
Concord General Contractors, Inc.
2003 - 2005
Manager of Corporate Services
Managed corporate strategic initiatives, special projects, technology systems, data governance, third-party consultants, and employees so divisional and company strategic objectives were met or exceded.
Gross Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
2000 - 2003
Information Technology & Systems Manager
Managed technology systems and data governance, worked with leadership to standardize business processes and develop corporate operations manual. Also developed custom software and reporting tools integrating accounting, estimating, scheduling, and project management systems.
Other Construction Industry Experience
1991 - 2000
I have a proven track record with relevant job history dating back to 1991. Further information is available upon request.